Thought-stopping is a simple yet powerful way to change your negative thoughts into positive, uplifting thoughts.
Here are the steps to free yourself from negative thoughts:
- 1. Choose an image (such as a loved one's face, a cartoon character, a diploma you've earned, or a pile of cash) that makes you smile.
- 2. Choose an image that to you signifies STOP. (Could be a Stop sign, a red traffic light, a police officer's upraised arm, a teacher's frown, etc).
- 3. When a negative thought occurs immediately imagine your STOP symbol.
- 4. Then right away imagine your SMILE image.
This derails your negative thought and creates a new avenue of pleasure and positive thinking.
Here are some other resources about thought stopping and public speaking:
Only $1.99. Hypnotherapists from England, New Zealand, United States, Australia and of course, Canada, describe how they helped clients previously trapped in phobias that disrupted their lives.
Here's the list of topics:
- Overcoming a Phobia of Trains
- "It's Not the Point -- How I Cured a Needle Phobia"
- The Curious Case of the Button Lady
- (bonus) The Curious Case of the Agoraphobic Cheque
- Effective Hypnotherapy to Cure a Public Speaking Phobia
- "The Weather Could Kill Me" -- A Phobia of Rain & Death
- The Professor who Feared Microphones
- "I Would Have Paid a Billion Dollars to be Able to Walk Out my Front Door"